oohh! that freakin' lizard!

Friday, March 14, 2008

 

It's funny how my mom screamed like there's fire when she saw that tiny baby lizard crawling and taking its tour around the wall and ceilings of our home. She was really afraid of lizard. And when i say, really afraid, she's afraid at the nth level that she would kill that tiny creature with an insect spray. Well, we all know that lizards aren't insects. But hey, she would really kill it! Oh that poor little lizard... I can't help myself but pity the creature and surely can't help myself but ask what's that phobia of lizards called? Do you have an idea? Well, i really don't have any. Maybe i could guess but I know it wouldn't do good. Instead, i found myself searching it on the internet--herpetophobia was it.

Herpetophobia was a phobia of reptiles. It is one of the most common phobia people usually have. For my mom, there's no way of overcoming her fears, because she personally doesn't want it. If she do not like it then you can't really force her. Thank God i'm not really closing my mind into overcoming my fears...:)

0 comments: